Saturday, September 23, 2006

Testing, testing...Can you Droo-id now? Good!

Well, if the Gods don't see my commitment to this path now, I don't know how else to prove to them...lol...

Thursday evening, I developed an abscessed tooth. Friday morning I looked as if I could be a stand-in for DeNiro in the Godfather my face was that swollen. Couldn't get into the dentist (half aren't open on Friday here and the other half are booked solid), so went to the ER for antibiotics.

Yet, through all this, my anticipation of performing my Solitary Initiation Ritual saturday (today) kept building and building. I've been almost counting down the minutes (that is, if I had set a specific time for it today). Something in me keeps saying "you need to do this...today" .

Then, it turns out that there isn't even an inch of yellow cord of any type in this little town! Our Wal-Mart is closing so the new Supercenter can open up, and they're not stocking the shelves or ordering.

Well, either Revival Druids or Paleo-Druids didn't have Wal-Marts! So, I grabbed an appropriate length of good 'ol cotton clothesline...and DYED it with some herbs I had! I've always felt it was best to construct one's magical tools anyhow. It turned out a pale, sunny, yellow (should have left it soak longer, but what the heck).

So, all necessary items in hand, I am prepared (chipmunk-cheek and all) to do this...Just Droo-id! LOL!

Off to enjoy the rest of the day with my wife, and then the Initiation towards evening!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home